Sunday, April 5, 2009

Electro Hip Hop Era

Photobucket

N.Y.C. Cutter - DJ Cuttin (Pop Art)

Picture this. Your twelve years old and have watched Beat Street and Style Wars on the regular since you were six. You have just got your first set of turntables with a mixer. The only records I have are the ones I stole from my parents and a copy of RUN DMC's first LP. It's a saturday afternoon and your older cousin shows up with about a dozen records for you. That was me on the afternoon and I still have everyone record I was given that day. I could still tell you everyone in the pile, but I will save that for another post. The record shown is N.Y.C. Cutter - Dj Cuttin recorded on Pop Art, which was a small label out of Philadelphia. If you look under the artist name it says M. Williams, who is also known to most as Marley Marl.


No comments:

Post a Comment